Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What the Hell is Wrong With This Town

 I haven't left my apartment in a few days. I've barely even left my bed. I'm just in a fog but... I don't want to... Every time I've fallen asleep I just have more bloody nightmares,

All the food has been eaten by now, and I feel sick as hell. I pull my blanket back and get out of bed to use the bathroom. But before I could touch the cold tiled floor, there was a knock at my front door. I stared at it for a second, contemplating if I should answer it or not. No one ever visits me, I don't know anyone in town. Maybe it was Gabriel, I was running low on money and I haven't seen the jerk in a few weeks now.

I pulled a coat on and fixed my shorts a bit before going to the front door. The person knocked again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, hold on!" I called through the door.

I opened to door to see a small group of people. Oh great, Mormons. But there was suddenly a flash and I found myself in darkness.

I woke up with my wrists feeling itchy, and my head hurt like a bitch. I could feel my heavy head rolling from on side to the next and I stretched my back a bit.

"Great the princess is awake."

What? I looked up to see the same group of people from my door but now they towered over me, they looked so much meaner, so much darker.

I tried to move my hands but the were firmly stuck behind my back. I was tied to a chair. My stomach felt tight and I thought I was about to vomit. My heart was beating out of control and I started to hyperventilate. Some how I was still able to find my voice,

"Q-Que-?! W-what's going on? Donde- Where am I?!"

"We're behind a local restaurant, no need to worry, we aren't going to hurt you. As long as you do your part and tell us something."

I suddenly got a terrible feeling about this. It's not like I was having a joy before, though.

"Where is the dragon?"

My heart stopped for a second. I couldn't believe what I heard. How could they know? Who are these people? Why do they even want to know?

"Tell me now, girl. Where is it hiding?"

"Yo no se! I- I don't know what your talking about. A dragon? What does that even mean? Let me go now and maybe I won't call the police!"

"We won't let you go til you tell us where it is!"

"W-where what is? Some dragon? What is that code for a mob boss or something? Sorry, I'm Spanish, not Italian; I don't know any."

The man put his hand against the chair and leans it back a bit, getting uncomfortably close to my face.

"That dragon murdered a little girl! Do you understand that? She's DEAD! Never coming back, never get's to see her family again! GONE! You know where the dragon is, so tell us!"

No way, that's not true! Dragon was the shyest, sweetest guy I knew- Well, my past life knew. He was strong but he wouldn't hurt an innocent little girl! He- he couldn't have...

"I- I don't know what you're taking about!"

"Yes you do! Our sources state that its been following you for years, ripping poor people to shreds, one by one! Tell us or else!"

"Your sources are wrong!"

"Why you little-" The man hooked his fingers in my mouth, pulling my head up, he tasted like ash and filth. I could see the dark sky above, starry and cold. Not a cloud in the sky and the moon shined against the black.

Fuck it

I snapped my lower jaw up and bit hard on his fingers, and feeling a crunch made me hold on even  tighter. He yelled and yanked his hand away from me, cradling his hand like an animal. I could taste his filthy blood. I spat out the iron taste, disgust filled my body in a burning wave.

"Screw you, bitch." My tongue felt sharp.

The man pulled out a gross bar of metal and his lackeys followed his movements. My stomach dropped and my heart began to beat out of my chest. I screwed my eyes shut and braced myself only to hear bones crushing in front of me. I whipped my head up to see the man thrown against the ground, skidding across the pavement a little before stopping limply. His lackeys looked bewildered 'til another man flew to the ground. Oh, now they looked scared.

A masked person came out of the corner of my eye, knocking out another man with a punch to the face. My heart skipped a beat. The masked person was covered from head to toe in long clothing except his red, clawed hands. His exposed neck even had the same haunting, crimson scales. He just kept beating them one by one, with a heavy force I've never seen in this life. He easily defeated every single kidnapper, their stupid faces covered in bruises and blood.

The masked person's chest heaved as he stood above the unconscious bodies at his feet. He came behind the chair I was tied to and cut the scratchy ropes with his claws.
I rubbed my wrists and looked up to see him inches from my face. He held my face for a moment before curling something into my hand. I tried to see past his dark mask but as soon as he came, he disappeared, and I was left alone in the dark alley.

I was left stunned. I just stared at the wall in front of me. Everything happened so quickly. I looked to my hand to find an old-school lighter, scratched and rusty, but it still had a red shine underneath. I flicked it open and it sparked with a golden flame. I stared at it in wonder and I felt myself breathe for the first time that day,

"...Dragon..."

-♥♥♥-

The police arrived as I rushed myself out of the creepy alley. The night streets were empty and quiet, giving myself breathing space. Man, I haven't been that awesome in so long! Why the hell have I been stuck in my apartment, think of how bad-ass I could have been on the streets! Well, my smart mouth almost got me killed but I saw Dragon! I know I did! He saved me- well, I guess. I'm not usually the damsel in distress type but I'll let him have that one time.

My rush of adrenaline started to drip away and I started feeling sluggish. I found a street lamp and leaned against it for support. The streets were lonely and my body felt heavier and heavier with every second.

"Hey, are you ok?" Startled, I looked towards the voice to see a girl standing a few feet from the street lamp I was against. She had a dark aura about her but it wasn't in a bad way.

"I- I don't-" I held my tongue, contemplating if I should forfeit my pride even after all that happened.

"Si, I'm totally f-fine."

"You look horrible, no offense."

"None taken, my friend is blunt like that."

We kind of just stood in the silent shadows for a moment until I felt myself slide down the street lamp, my knees finally giving out.

"Hey! What are you-" The girl stooped down and slung my shoulder over hers,

"I- I'm fineee..." I sounded so tired, and it was hard to keep my eyes open.

"Come on, you sleep, and you'll be fine in the morning." Her voice was a bit stained but very warm. I looked at her wrist to see a cute cross tattoo.

"... nice tat..." I mumbled half heatedly. She was silent for a moment,

"Thanks, its new."

And I felt myself slip back into darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment